Translate

Tuesday 26 July 2016

Book of Prophet Zechariah Chapter 1

 

Book of Prophet 

Zechariah

 Chapter

 1

 

 

1. In the eighth month, in the second year of Darius, the word of the LORD came to the prophet Zechariah son of Berechiah son of Iddo, saying; 2. The LORD was very angry with your ancestors. 3. Therefore say to them, Thus says the LORD of hosts; Return to me, says the LORD of hosts, and I will return to you, says the LORD of hosts. 4. Do not be like your ancestors, to whom the former prophets proclaimed. "Thus says the LORD of hosts, Return from your evil ways and from your evil deeds."




(Book of Prophet Zechariah Chapter 1 verses 1 to 4)





Oh God my Father You are asking us to learn from the mistakes of the past and look ahead and base a new life based on a fresh relationship with You, my God and Father. Every day of our life, You are asking us to turn back from our ways. Amen.




5. Your ancestors, where are they? And the prophets do they live forever? 6. But my words and my statutes, which I commanded my servants the prophets, did they not overtake your ancestors? So they repented and said, "The Lord of hosts has dealt with us according to our ways and deeds, just as he planned to do."




(Book of the Prophet Zechariah Chapter 1 verses 5 to 6)




Oh God my Father, the ways of the world are limited but Yours are forever. Throughout the years since the very beginning, You have sent us many prophets and holy people who in their simplicity shook the foundations of the earth, however not all of us believed in the message of the good news that Your servants proclaimed and are still proclaiming. Oh God have mercy on us Amen.


7. On the twenty-fourth day of the eleventh month, the month of Shebat, in the second year of Darius, the word of the LORD came to the prophet Zechariah son of Berechiah son of Iddo; and Zechariah said, 8. In the night I saw a man riding on a red horse! He was standing among the myrtle trees in the glen; and behind him were red, sorrel and white horses. 9. Then I said, "What are these, my lord?" The angel who talked with me said to me, "I will show you what they are."


(Book of the Prophet Zechariah Chapter 1 verses 7 to 9)


Oh God my Father, when You choose to share something with us, by means of a vision or an event you also give us an explanation of what You wish to say to us, in some way or another. I pray that we be humble enough to accept Your version as it truly is and not twist the truth in order to suit our wishes Amen.




10. So the man who was standing among the myrtle trees answered, "They are those whom the LORD has sent to patrol the earth." 11. Then they spoke to the angel of the LORD who was standing among the myrtle trees, "We have patrolled the earth, and lo, the whole earth remains at peace."




(Book of the Prophet Zechariah Chapter 1 verses 10 to 11)





Oh God as much as there are evil spirits of Satan traversing the earth, in order to test us by making do one sin after another, there are also Your Spirits that are also patrolling the earth! I thank You for such
means of protection. 


12. Then the angel of the LORD said, "O LORD of hosts, how long will you withold mercy from Jerusalem and the cities of Judah, with which you have been angry these seventy years?" 13. Then the LORD replied with gracious and comforting words to the angel who talked with me.


(Book of the Prophet Zechariah Chapter 1 verses 12 to 13)


Oh God my Father, instead of telling us that it is none of our business to know when this and that are going to happen, You look on us with love and mercy and answer us in a comforting way, instead of scolding us for our sins and curiosity. I thank You for this positive attitude and pray that we imitate You in our relationships with others, Yourself and with ourselves. Amen.



14. So the angel who talked with me said to me, Proclaim this message: Thus says the LORD of hosts; I am very jealous for Jerusalem and for Zion. 15. And I am extremely angry with the nations that are at ease; for while I was only a little angry, they made the disaster worse.



(Book of the Prophet Zechariah Chapter 1 verses 14 to 15)



Oh God, my Father I understand that as a Church and as one whole nation we have made you angry many times and have given You more than one reason for doing so. Many times if not always You have forgiven us but we still chose to live according to our ways. I am sorry for my own behaviour and that of others Amen.



16. Therefore, thus says the LORD, I have returned to Jerusalem with compassion; my house shall be built in it, says the LORD of hosts, and the measuring line shall be stretched out over Jerusalem. 17. Proclaim further: Thus says the LORD of hosts: My cities shall again overflow with prosperity; the LORD will again comfort Zion and again choose Jerusalem.



(Book of the Prophet Zechariah Chapter 1 verses 16 to 17)




Oh God, my Father I pray that as You promised to return to Jerusalem with compassion I pray that You dwell in my heart forever. I pray that at least You leave a drop of Your presence in me, because there are also others who need, want and desire You and it would be selfish of me to desire or want You totally for myself. However, I pray that You stretch the measure of Your compassion even over the island of Malta and to other places who are also facing different forms of crisis including the worst of all that is spiritual crisis Amen.

 


18. And I looked up and saw four horns. 19. I asked the angel who talked with me, "What are these? And he answered me, "These are the horns that have scattered Judah, Israel, and Jerusalem."


(Book of the Prophet Zechariah Chapter 1 verses 16 to 17)



Oh God, my Father many people have given a different interpretation to such horns, however, while in a spirit of prayer, the message that You give me is that these four horns represent my four worst sins, that have also attempted to divide me among myself in my relationship with You Amen. However, even though I am a sinner You are always with me. Thank You Jesus. 




18. And I looked up and saw four horns. 19. I asked the angel who talked with me, "What are these?" And he answered me, " These are the horns that have scattered Judah, Israel, and Jerusalem." 20. Then the LORD showed me four blacksmiths. 21. And I asked, "What are they coming to do?" He answered, "These are the horns that scattered Judah, so that no head could be raised; but these have come to terrify them, to strike down the horns of the nations that lifted up their horns against the land of Judah to scatter its people."



(Book of the Prophet Zechariah Chapter 1 verses 18 to 21)


Oh God, my Father it seems that all the kings or world leaders that have done wrong to Your people will be persecuted by others. I pray that You be my avenger my God and Father Amen.



Oh God my Father I would like to end this first chapter of the book of Zechariah with the following prayer:


Oh God, my Father I truly believe that like Your chosen people Israel we also disobey You. However, You never stop calling me to repent. I pray that we all seek Your forgiveness and repent of our sins while we still can Amen. Although You nailed all our sins on the cross we still need to experience repentance and change our ways Amen.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment